ILS & Product Support
Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) or so called Product Support (in commercial sectors) is an integrated and iterative process for developing materiel and a support strategy that optimizes functional support, leverages existing resources, and guides the system engineering process to lower life cycle cost and decrease the logistics footprint, making the system easier to support. ILS addresses all aspects of supportability during the acquisition and whole life cycle of the system or equipment and consists of 10 elements:
LPS assist OEMs and end-users (in all sectors) to establish supportable systems and equipment in the planned operational environments that meet equipment and system readiness requirements at an affordable life cycle cost. We will;
- Influence operational requirements, acquisition strategy, and system design to achieve and sustain established objectives while minimizing support costs.
- Ensure that elements of support are planned, programmed, budgeted, developed, tested, evaluated, procured, and deployed concurrently with systems.
- Ensure proper coordination with the ultimate end-users, resulting in an effective handoff (transition) to the user, and maximizing system readiness.
- Provide procedures to integrate and acquire the logistic elements effectively.
- Improve logistic interoperability and standardization within operational organization(s).
- Improve system and equipment affordability through cost analysis.
- Ensure the identification of all Service-unique requirements; that is, maintenance concepts or plans, logistic support analysis (LSA), logistic support analysis record (LSAR) requirements, supply support, provisioning, deployment, and the incorporation of the requirements into the Master Integrated Logistic Support Plan (MILSP) and related ILS elements plan.
LPS creates or work with your team to fulfil ILS elements and complete the following tasks: